Sortegel was born in 1987 and is headquartered in Bragança, Portugal. The Northeast of Portugal, where Sortegel is located, is historically a region of large chestnut plantations.
Sortegel is currently one of the European reference units for the processing and export of chestnuts.
With an annual workload of around 10,000 tons, Sortegel sells its products in the largest world markets.
From is annual production of chestnuts, about 25% is destined to be sold fresh, the remaining 75% is destined to the peeling and freezing IQF.